Lines From Songs

"Is that what you get for your trouble? You're unlucky, unloved, and unlovable."
"I know you'd never give me a second glance."
"The Zulus, they had spears and bows and arrows; how you bravely faced each one with your sixteen-pounder gun. . ."
"What if I die here?"
"Some folks put on armor but the arrows go straight through."
". . .All the departed, dear loved ones of mine."
"The man who is in charge of all the money has a large question-mark hanging over him (and his future)."
"Something unwanted has entered our existence."
"Why did summer go so quickly, was it something that you said?"
"It has begun!"
"Listening for the sound of guns; listening for the rolling drums, and a man who never comes."
"Drag another cliche howling from the vaults."
"I have squandered my resistance for a pocket full of mumbles; such are promises."
"We'll hold each-other soon."
"Sad as a lonely, little, wrinkled balloon."
"Call in three months' time and I'll be fine, I know."
"Although I'm forsaken, I won't be cast down."
"You and I had a groovy time."
"Shoulda said so long so long ago."
"I watched the ship leaving harbor at sunrise."
"When I woke up this morning with tears in my eyes. . ."
"I looked death in the face last night."
"Think on Scotia's ancient heroes."
"Naebody kens that he lies there, but his hawk and his hound and his lady fair."
"Took a lot of turns that turned out wrong."
"When I croak everyone can say, "he sure didn't do as much as some other dead guys."
"Comme si je n'existe pas."
"I was an impossible case; no one ever could reach me."
"A mile is five thousand, two hundred eighty feet."
". . .a fine line between the darkness and the dawn."
"I don't know what to do, and I'm always in the dark."
"My sweet little cyclops."
"I know it's evening when day turns to night."
"Can you see my eyes? If you can then my hair's too short."
"I'm afraid the shining sun might burn and scorch his beauty."
"The standard of society is motivated by greed."
"But if you stay I'll make you a day like no day has been, or will be again."
"We dug his grave with a silver spade."
"Here I raise mine Ebenezer."
"Thought that I was whole instead of being half of something."
"I can't believe I ever doubted you."
"The Sun, and you and me and all the stars that we can see. . ."
"Tell me not to feel lonely."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High and Low Horses

The Species of my Faith Tree

The Love-Doctrine Tightrope